The Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area LEGO® Train Club (WamaLTC) is a group of enthusiasts who enjoy building and running LEGO® Trains. If you are interested in having us set up a display in your venue, please let us know with a message to firstname.lastname@example.org . To learn more about the club, start by exploring this web site and then join our Yahoo! Group and let’s hear from you. Subscribe to our feed .
The B&O Railroad Museum Ellicott City Station has an announcement:
Although the smaller layouts have been packed away for the season, our LEGO trains will still be running through next Friday, Feb 6. If you missed it before or would like to see it again, here's your chance!
The Museum is closed Monday and Tuesday.
What We’re Planning
- We plan a display on the weekend of May 30-31, 2015, at the 3rd Annual Scouting for Bricks™ at the Heritage High School in Leesburg, Virginia.
- We plan displays! Please check back, subscribe to our feed , or join our Yahoo! Group to learn more. One or more WamaLTC participants might also be found attending the monthly meetings of the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area LEGO® Users Group ( Wamalug ). The history of Wamalug at its original URL .
What We’ve Done
- We had a display on Saturday, December 13, 2014 at An Old-Fashioned Christmas in Purcellville in Purcellville, Virginia.
- We had a display on November 22-23, 2014 for the B&O’s Magical Holiday Express The Giving Train LEGO® Block Party Weekend at the B&O Railroad Museum in Baltimore, Maryland.
- We had a display on November 8-9, 2014 at the 24th Annual Modular Train Display Show to benefit the Rockville Lions Club in the Rockville Senior Center in Rockville, Maryland.
- We had a small display on Saturday, October 4, 2014 at the Vienna Oktoberfest on the Town Green in Vienna, Virginia.
- We had a display on August 9-10, 2014 at the Greenberg’s Train and Toy Show at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, Virginia.
- See our Shows page to learn more about our earlier displays.
What We’re Displaying
- Visit the National Toy Train Museum in Paradise Township, Pennsylvania to see a display of trains and structures from Pennlug . While our display (installed in 2007 , refreshed in 2009 , revised in 2012 ) was retired in 2013, we hope to return to the museum in 2015?
- Revisit our display at the Ellicott City Station from the 2014-2015 season , our display at the Ellicott City Station from the 2013-2014 season , and our display at the Ellicott City Station from the 2012-2013 season .