The Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area LEGO® Train Club (WamaLTC) is a group of enthusiasts who enjoy building and running LEGO® Trains. If you are interested in having us set up a display in your venue, please let us know with a message to firstname.lastname@example.org . To learn more about the club, start by exploring this web site and then join our Yahoo! Group and let’s hear from you. View or download our flyer in color . Subscribe to our feed .
What We’re Planning
- We plan a display on March 12-13, 2016 for the Boy Scout Troop 964 2016 Model Train Show in the Saunders Middle School in Manassas, Virginia.
- We plan a display on May 14-15, 2016 for the Scouting for Bricks™ 2016 at the Heritage High School in Leesburg, Virginia.
- We plan a display on May 27-29, 2016 for the opening weekend of the Nature Connects®: Art with LEGO® Bricks by Sean Kenney exhibit on tour at the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden in Richmond, Virginia.
- We plan displays! Please check back, subscribe to our feed , or join our Yahoo! Group to learn more. One or more WamaLTC participants might also be found attending the monthly meetings of the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area LEGO® Users Group ( Wamalug ). The history of Wamalug at its original URL .
What We’ve Done
- We had a display on Saturday, February 6, 2016 on the Tower level of the Old Main Line Vistors Center & Post Office in Sykesville, Maryland.
- We had a display on Saturday, December 12, 2015 at the Holiday Open House in the Council Chamber of the Town Hall for an Old Fashioned Christmas in Purcellville, Virginia.
- We had a display on November 21-22, 2015 at the B&O’s Magical Holiday Express Santa’s LEGO Block Party at the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum in Baltimore, Maryland.
- We had a display on November 14-15, 2015 at the 25th Annual Modular Train Display Show to benefit the Rockville Lions Club at the Rockville Senior Center in Rockville, Maryland.
- We had a display on the weekend of August 1-2, 2015 at Brickfair VA 2015 in Chantilly, Virginia.
- See our Shows page to learn more about our earlier displays.
What We’ve Displayed
- Revisit our display at the Ellicott City Station from the 2015-2016 season , our display at the Ellicott City Station from the 2014-2015 season , our display at the Ellicott City Station from the 2013-2014 season , and our display at the Ellicott City Station from the 2012-2013 season .
- Visit the National Toy Train Museum in Paradise Township, Pennsylvania to see a display of trains and structures from Pennlug . Our display (installed in 2007 , refreshed in 2009 , revised in 2012 ) was retired in 2013.